CBI Guidelines for In-Person Attendance at Services
To download a copy of the CBI Guidelines for In-Person Attendance, click on the download button at the bottom of the page.
- Shabbat service will be limited to members only and only those who have been fully vaccinated (see specific criteria below).
- Guests are not invited to attend in-person services at this time.
When You Enter the Building:
- You MUST wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth at all times.
- You MUST present your COVID vaccine card showing that you are fully vaccinated and that you received your vaccines at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled service.
- Fully vaccinated means the member has had one of these three vaccines at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled service.
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine: 2 shots
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine: 2 shots
- Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine: 1 shot
- Each member will receive a temperature check to ensure no fever is present.
Seating & Social Distancing:
- We request that you bring your own kippah and tallit. Kippot will be available, but we ask that if you borrow one from the shul, you take it home with you.
- Please exercise social distancing – stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you.
- In addition to the sanctuary, the Social Hall will be utilized for additional seating to allow for social distancing.
- Family members are encouraged to sit together.
- Family pods must maintain 6-feet of space from others.
- Honors during the service will be done from your seats.
- There will not yet be a full sit-down kiddush. Individual portions of wine, challah, and cake will be available for a blessing at the conclusion of services.
The CBI Board will continuously review these safety precautions and make adjustments based on CDC guidelines.
If the above guidelines preclude you from attending in-person services at CBI, you can instead watch the CBI live stream.
On your Computer, Tablet or Cell Phone:
Go to the CBI website, cbitoledo.org. At the top of the home page click on the “Live Stream” tab. When the page opens, you will be connected to the CBI Live Stream service.
On your Television:
You can also access the live stream services through your television if you have a “smart” TV, Roku or streaming stick which gives you access to YouTube. Click on the YouTube icon on your TV. When YouTube opens, search for “Congregation B’nai Israel – Sylvania, Ohio”. Note: A number of different “Congregation B’nai Israel” listings will appear. Be sure to click on the listing that has the photo of the open Jewish Star from the upper right wall as you enter the synagogue. We recommend that you “subscribe” to the channel so you can easily locate the live stream for future services. We also highly recommend connecting to the live stream service on your TV as it is the most immersive and closest experience, short of being in the synagogue.